Support the Monkey! Tell All your Friends and Teachers
Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
_____ 1. The shooting of Candy's dog is an example of Steinbeck's
A. sensitivity toward all of God's creatures
_____ 2. When Lennie thought of the idyllic future on their own farm,
_____ 3. Curley was
A. I and II only
_____ 4. The lowest man in the ranch hierarchy was
_____ 5. When Crooks heard about the plans for a farm, he
_____ 6. Lennie's puppy died when
_____ 7. Curley's wife precipitated her own death by
_____ 8. "Ever' body knowed you'd mess things up" was George's
_____ 9. While waiting at the river bank for George, Lennie conjured
up a vision of
_____ 10. George felt that he had to carry out the execution
11. Steinbeck has said he intended the book to be a play in novel form. Describe ways in which the novel is similar to a play.
12. Foreshadowing is an important part of Steinbeck's technique. Describe several instances of foreshadowing that are presented in the book.
13. What do George and Lennie mean when they say they want "to live off the fat of the land"?
14. Choose one of the following minor characters and explain what his or her purpose is in the novel: Slim, Curley, Whit, Curley's wife.
15. The play form of Of Mice and Men ends with George shooting Lennie. The novel continues for several more pages. Discuss what Steinbeck is saying in those last pages of the book.