Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Fully describe the character of Beowulf.
2. Compare and contrast Beowulf and Hrothgar.
3. How is the main theme of good vs. evil developed in the poem?
4. Even though Beowulf dies in the end, why does the poem end as a comedy?
5. Compare and contrast the three monsters in the poem.
6. Compare and contrast the two settings in the poem.
7. Explain all the reasons that Beowulf goes to the land of the Danes to help Hrothgar.
8. Who is Wiglaf and why is he important to the plot of the poem?
9. Explain the Christian symbolism and allusions in the poem.
10. How is the theme of loyalty developed in the poem.
11. How is the poem unified into a whole?
12. Describe the stylistic elements found in Beowulf.