Table of Contents | Message Board | Downloadable/Printable Version
1. Why has the author titled his book, Black Like me"?
2. Do you think the Book deserved the 1962 Saturday Review Award?
3. The book is a moving and troubling autobiography. Explain.
4. The book is a blunt and brilliant report on white racism. Discuss.
5. The book’s depiction of the Negroes is inspirational. Explain.
6. The author meets many sensitive and sensible whites. Discuss.
7. Do you consider the book a hopeless tragedy? Discuss.
8. Describe the historical and political period of the book.