Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Why is Amanda Wingfield the protagonist of The Glass Menagerie?
2. Compare and contrast Laura and Amanda.
3. Why does the play end in tragedy?
4. How do Laura and Tom's description of Jim O'Connor differ? Contrast
him as he appears in Scene Six . and Seven to how he was in high school?
6. Explain why Laura is like the unicorn in the play.
7. In what ways is Tom Wingfield like his father?
8. Explain the significance of the play's title.
9. What is the major theme of the play and how is it developed?
10. How does Tennessee Williams use symbolism in the play to emphasize