Table of Contents | Message Board | Downloadable/Printable Version
1. Discuss the view that "in Henry V the note of patriotism rings in clarion notes of exultation."
2. How does the play comment on the consequences of war?
3. Comment on Shakespeare's use of Imagery and Symbolism in the play.
4. Name three functions of the Chorus in Henry V.
5. Henry V is depicted in this play as one of England's most versatile and agile leaders. What are some of the attributes of Henry V that make him a great ruler?
6. Give some examples from the text that reveal Henry to be a fair but firm ruler, who puts aside personal interests for the better good of the nation.
7. What is the purpose of Henry V's disguising himself as a commoner and talking with the troops the night before battle? What dramatic purpose does it serve?
8. What is the function of Williams in the play? How do his views differ from others such as Fluellen?
9. Analyze Henry V's soliloquy about his responsibilities of being a king. What philosophy of ruling does he espouse?
10. What are Pistol and the Boy's function in the play?