Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version | Barron's Booknotes
1. Describe the setting of the novel. Why is it so important?
2. Compare and contrast George and Lennie.
3. Contrast Lennie and Curley.
4. What is the role of Curley’s wife in the novel?
5. Discuss the dream of George and Lennie in detail.
6. Explain all the reasons that George stays with Lennie.
7. Explain the pattern of death that is developed in the novel, starting in the first chapter.
8. Give specific incidents where Lennie demonstrates that he is slow or retarded.
9. How is the theme of loneliness developed in the novel?
10. Why do Candy, Crooks and Curley’s wife each feel lonely?
11. Is Lennie painted as a likable person in the book? Discuss.
12. Is George portrayed as a likable person? Discuss.
13. Discuss the significance of the title used by Steinbeck?
14. Discuss the ironies in Of Mice and Men.