Table of Contents | Message Board | Printable Version
1. Hector is the greater man, but Achilles is more effective. Discuss.
2. How is appetite a central concern of Troilus and Cressida?
3. Troilus and Cressida presents a society moving inexorably towards destruction as the audience watches. Discuss.
4. Is Cressida a daughter of the game or a victim of War?
5. The ‘love’ story and the War story are very tenuously connected. Discuss.
6. Discuss the function of Thersites and Pandarus
7. Why is Troilus and Cressida a ‘problem play’?
8. Discuss the major Themes of Troilus and Cressida
9.Ajax is a virtual symbol of division. Discuss.
10. The women in Troilus and Cressida are mere commodities. Discuss.
Hector and Achilles; Cressida and Helen; Troilus and Diomedes; Agamemnon and Priam.
Make short notes on:
The character of Thersites; The food imagery in the play; Ulysses’ ‘degree’ speech.