| PinkMonkey Online Study
10. Give the identifying characteristics of angiosperms and the distinguishing features of dicots and monocots.
11. Write short notes on :
(c) Development of flower
(d) Development of fruit
(e) Types of solenoids
Chapter 16 : Nutrition and Digestion
1. What is nutrition ? Name the different nutritional types.
2. State the importance of various organic constituents of food in diet.
3. Mention the chief constituents of food and explain the term "balanced diet".
4. State why each of the following is essential in nutrition. Describe their sources, and disorders caused by their deficiencies.
5. What are vitamins ? Describe in a tabular form, the chief sources, functions and deficiency
diseases caused by the vitamin A, B, C and D.
6. Sketch and label the digestive system of man.
7. Describe in brief the process of digestion in the following :
8. Write notes on :
(b) Gastric juice
(c) Islet of Langerhans
Chapter 17 : Respiration
1. Define respiration. Differentiate between external and internal respiration.
2. With a neat labeled diagram, describe the organ of respiration in man.
3. Differentiate between breathing and respiration. Describe the mechanism of breathing in man.
4. Write notes on :
(a) Transport of CO2
(b) Transport of O2
(c) Chloride shift
(d) Histology of the lungs
5. Describe the role played by hemoglobin in the transport of respiratory gases.
Chapter 18 : Blood and Circulation
1. Enumerate the function of blood.
2. Give importance of :
(c) blood platelets