PinkMonkey Online Study Guide-Biology
5. Discuss general characteristics of the following :
6. Describe general characteristics of Monera and its role in biological and chemical cycles in symbiosis and as a pathogen.
7. Give the general characteristics of protista with suitable examples.
8. What is mitosis ? Describe the various stages of mitosis and its significance.
9. Describe internal and external structures of cillia and flagella.
10. Explain cell cycle and role of mitosis in cell cycle.
11. What is meiosis ? Describe various stages of first meiotic division.
12. What are symbiotic forms ? Explain with reference to lichens and flagellates.
13. Explain the, economic importance of each of the following, with examples of the following:
(d) slime molds
14. Classify of kingdom Plantae with examples, and give general characteristics of plants.
15. Explain life-cycle of moss in brief, and describe the characteristics of bryophytes.
16. Differentiation between green, brown and red algae. Also describe the economic importance of algae.
17. Give an account of liverworts. Add note on role of bryophytes in nature.
18. What are fungi ? Classify the fungi, with examples of each group.
19. Discuss the role of lower fungi, with suitable examples.
20. What are decomposers ? Explain their role in nature.
21. What are lichens ? Give classification with examples, economic importance and ecological significance of lichens.
22. Write general characters, economical importance and provide examples:
(c) imperfect fungi
23. Write notes on :
(b) parasitic forms
Chapter 15 : Conquest of Land
1. Write note on conquest of land by plants.
2. Describe in short sexual reproduction in Nephrolepis.
3. Describe the external morphology of a fern plant.
4. Give a list of distinguishing characteristics of pteridophytes.
5. Give a brief account of spore-producing structures in Nephrolepis.
6. Describe the structure of the male spore in cycas.
7. Give distinguishing characteristics of gymnosperms.
8. Draw the transverse section of a cycas leaflet with labels on the anatomical features.
9. Write notes on following in cycas.
(a) coralloid roots
(b) seed of cycas
(c) structure of ovule and the female gametophyte
(d) structure of male gametophyte.