Help / FAQ
pH values of common substances
Utility of pH values
1) To determine the nature of solution
if pH = 7, then solution is neutral
pH > 7, then solution is alkaline
pH < 7, then solution is acidic
2) To compare the acidity and Basicity of two solutions.
3) For formulating drugs as some drugs are not stable at acidic pH.
4) In agriculture, to determine soil condition.
5) In Medicine pH values of blood and urine for diagnosis of various diseases.
6) In the chemical industry, as certain reactions take place at particular pH only.
7) In bio chemical processes, as enzymes are stable at a particular pH value.
Lowry and Bronsted Concept12.2 -
Conjugate Acid Base Pairs12.3 -
Amphoteric Substance12.4 -
Lewis Acids and Bases12.5 -
Strong and Weak Acids and Bases12.6 -
Ostwald's Dilution Law12.8 -
Hydrogen Ion Concentration : pH12.9 -
Polyprotic Acids12.10 -
Methods of Preparation of Salts12.12 -
Properties of Salts